MINUTES OF THE WEBSTER CONSERVATIONCOMMISSION NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Present: MJ MacGowan, Linda Clark,Sally Embley, Chris Schadler, Bob Quinn, and Betsy Janeway
1. Appoint Secretary- Bob Quinn was appointed Secretary.
2. Minutes-The October minuteswere accepted as written.
3. NHACC meeting Nov12- Three attended and found itworthwhile. All have been for reimbursed for the entrance fee.
4. Correspondence -Committee reviewed:
Ongoing Projects: Julia Emley to repair rock wall under herdock: has been approved.
Bashan Hollow Road culvert replacement and "RainGardens" – Reviewed updates, discussed, and no action needed nor taken.
5. NH ACC meeting- Chris Schadler informed theWCC about her presentation on the WildlifeCoalition to the NHACC group on November 12. She appealed to all theattendees and CCs across the State to support the idea. She noted there wasgood positive feedback. Everyone is encouraged to check out the website andjoin the group as individuals. As a participant Chrisattended the Fundamentals of CCs, whichwas especially helpful for her as
the new Chair of the WCC. We agreed todiscuss some of those ideas at future WCC meetings.
Sally shared two flyers (thatshe picked up at the NHACC) from I- The NH Cooperative Extension Service abouta program on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 about “Forest Laws for Municipal Officials and Volunteers” and II- A sheetreviewing an effort to encourage the State of NH to “establish a minimum setback (buffer)from our most important wetlands”. We discussed this latter item and theconsensus was that the WCC should strongly support this statewide effort forminimum buffers. Chris, representing the WCC, will fill out the form andplanned to send it along to the NHACC. A copy of this completed form will beincluded in next months’ minutes.
Outreach ideas from the meeting included thingslike trail hikes, snowshoe walks, bird walks etc. This spurred some discussion about new ideasfor our next EVENT. We decided on a winter workshop and walk for treeidentification/animal tracking. DATE:Saturday, January 21, 2017. Time 9:00 a.m. to noon. To promote it will bewritten up in the Grapevine.
Linda reported on “Building excitement aboutConservation Commission work” and listed a number of other ideas includingideas for working with school kids.
6. Old business- Sally volunteered towrite a letter of support from the WCC for the Warner River designation that wehave already approved. This was movedand was unanimously approved
7. New business- After discussion LindaClark made a motion to change the TIMEof our monthly meeting to 7:00 p.m. from 7:30 p.m. This motion was unanimouslyapproved. Allmembers should please make note of this change.
8. Meeting adjourned at 9:01 p.m.
Minutes Submitted by Bob Quinn.